Friday 31 May 2013

HELLO & WELCOME

HELLO and welcome to the OAP UK Blog: a place where we UK Pensioners can have our (politically unaffiliated) say on how we're coping with day-to-day life, or what we think about the way we're being treated by the 'powers that be'.

I'm detemined to maintain this Blog's politically non-affiliated position. Indeed, I'll challenge all politicians, media types, public figures, trades union spokespeople and others - regardless of their political persuasion - if they dare to denigrate pensioners. By the same token, I'll praise them if they genuinely support us. But will I advocate joining-in their party politicking? Never! On the contrary, this Blog will remain unaffiliated, because most of us who are UK pensioners live in the real world, and not within some cocooned 'party' machine.

 


And on that point, let me assure you I have nothing to hide. I have no political allegiances or hidden agendas. I'm simply a semi-retired independent author, feature writer, broadcaster, former showbiz columnist, former photo-journalist and former musician. What's more, I think it's about time the 'powers that be' started treating those of us over 60 years of age with rather more care and consideration. After all, we represent a very substantial voting bloc!

So, if you're a bona fide UK pensioner, or you're approaching pensionable age, please feel free to contibrute to this Blog. Your opinions are important and valued ... but please ... no foul language (simulated or otherwise), no personal political allegiances, and no libel or slander.
 
All comments on this Blog will be moderated before they're considered for publication.
 
Thank you. Best Wishes
 
DAVID LOWE

No comments:

Post a Comment